Saturday, October 10, 2009

Continuing my own questions...

September 17, 2009

I continued working on my own survey questions. When I lost my train of thought, I went back to organizing the questions I would like from the San Mateo youth survey. (haha)

Diana later came into the office for a meeting. She broke it down saying that I would not be able to do any interacting with people because I'm still a minor. Age really does matter. (haha) There were a lot of complex issues to getting my work done, but the main point was that I wouldn't be able to complete my project on local youth health issues.

She still said she was able to come to the office and work with me on data entry on surveys she has conducted. I was a little disappointed because I am capable of doing things any other person in this internship can do, but the rules are the rules.

Diana still gave me the green light to keep doing what I was doing. So she introduced me into getting my conceptual framework started. She looked over my hypothesis and questions and I received her feedback on it, which helped me a lot. She gave me an idea of what she would put on a conceptual framework based on my research.

I went home and asked my cousin Fifita to help me with my conceptual framework. Two heads are better than one! I had her help me with what events or aspects in life would influence a Tongan teenager to smoking, drinking, and/or getting pregnant. We couldn't forget about mental health issues too. It was crazy! She had her own opinions and I had my different perspectives. We came to agree on a lot of things though because we backed up our claims with reasons.

FiNALLY! I completed my conceptual framework. It's sort of like a hypothesis. It's what I believe leads up to youth behaviors. That's why it's conceptual...

No comments:

Post a Comment