Wednesday, September 30, 2009

2nd Annual PI Festival [Orange County]


My Ta'ahines O Moana


September 19, 2009

Well I went to this Polynesian festival in Orange County. I was originally going because my girls, Ta'ahines O Moana, were going.

Alisi suggested that us girls should help sell raffle tickets that supported the PI Scholarship Fund. We got right to work and my group (Fita & Melanie) had a competition with the other girls (Uini, Suli & Manuma'a). Of course my group won! (haha) In all, we sold more than 100 raffle tickets and it felt good we did something for a good cause.

Afterwards, I got the chance to speak to 'Ono Vaifale, one of the other interns. I was surprised he was already conducting his survey! I was only halfway with mines! (haha) He was at the festival working on his internship by getting people to take his survey on health insurance. I was happy to talk to him so I can get his perspective on ideas of this research internship. It was also good learning about what he was doing and how he did it, like the survey and how he set it up. He also offered help on mines and gave me handouts that might be helpful. Thanks 'Ono! I also found out that he wasn't alone on the project. He had Lena as a partner so they can work as a team throughout this internship. That surprised me because I didn't have a partner. Anyways, I'm thankful for who I have as
partners! Vanessa had my back! Brian and Diana too! (haha) They walked me through this internship and made things a lot more easier!

Well that was it for Saturday! I was happy to have the opportunity to support the PI Scholarship Fund and get feedback from 'Ono.

No comments:

Post a Comment