Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My last day :(

I didn't want this day to come! My last day at TCSC. I fell in love (haha) with working there and doing work on this internship! I enjoy working with Vanessa and Brian and knowing I have something to work on all the time! Now my days are going to be a lot shorter! (haha) =[

Working today was exciting though. I met with the interns from GCN like Chas, Jocelyn, and Mona. They came with Joe so it was good getting to work with all of them for one day.

Our goal today was to learn how to enter data from surveys onto Excel. I had a good idea of what we were doing thanks to 'Ono. He explained to me how survey questions were substituted as variables on the survey entry form. Next to the variables were numbers that substituted the answers for the questions. Those variables and numbers stood for the data people put on the surveys. That made the data more easy to process because it was short and simple.

Anyways, Diana had each of us get on a computer and enter data from a survey she has already conducted. The survey was conducted to find out how much knowledge people have about breast cancer, so it was more like a test than a survey. We each entered the data for about 6 surveys.

Brian bought us pizza! Thanks to Brian and Vanessa! I blessed the food! (haha) It was cool, but I'm usually not used to praying in English. Anyways, Diana was busy trying to put our data together, so we ended up rescheduling another time to meet and finish what we started. So far, so good. We learned how to enter data from surveys and I learned how to set it up on Excel with a date and location of where the survey was conducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment