Sunday, September 6, 2009

About ME...

Sister Lupe, Me & Cousin Kala @ Youth Day August 2009


Malo e tau lava!
I'm one of the 9 interns taking the PI Health Careers Pipeline Summer Internship Program and I feel LUCKY! =) Now I see this program as a great experience to get the feel of how it is to work in the health field. I originally wanted to take it because I wanted to try something new and I knew it would be a thumbs up on my college application.
Opportunities like this don't come around often...probably never, epecially where I come from. Who do you know is in high school and has the chance to study health with professionals? Not to mention, being Polynesian. That's specifically why I feel lucky. =D. Thanks Pola!


Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Caroline Sina'ilauli'i Fifita. I'm 17 years old and I go to Hawthorne High School in Hawthorne. I'm Tongan and I live in the LA county area in Hawthorne.

Part of the reason why I chose to study local youth health is because I been exposed to everything you can connect to that. It also makes my job easier. (haha) The community I live in has many youth health issues and being a youth myself can give me the inside look on how things may operate.

This Pipeline internship makes me want to study health when I get into college. I'm a senior in high school this year so I have to make my choice soon. I always keep in mind that someone working in the health field will NEVER go jobless because there is always a high demand of health instructors, so motivation has a good part of me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sina!

    Wanted to show some love on your blog. I am so proud of you for taking this opportunity and running with it. We love having you in the office and learning from you as well. Keep up the good work! I don't know if I told you but I am learning a lot through this internship process too even if I am not one myself ;)

    Vanessa & Brian
    Tongan Community Service Center

    ps. nice pics ;)

    ReplyDelete