Monday, September 14, 2009

Down to Business...

Vanessa, Brian, and I linked up with Diana today to go over everything we're doing.
We talked a WHOLE lot about the IRB review and how we need the Cal State University Fullerton Institutional Review Board (CSUF IRB) approval to get my project really going.
I know...reallyyyy long huh!? (haha)

In simple terms it's a board committee that is appointed by a President to review and protect human participants rights in researching. So they back up the participants and make sure researchers don't necessarily put them "on blast".

I showed Diana the San Mateo survey and she gave me her feedback on it. These points are some of her feedback on my questions that I noted down: =)
  • Is the question relevant to your topic?
  • Is the question explained clearly?
  • Is it understandable?
  • Will the participant understand/interpret the questions the way you do?
  • Is the survey too long or too short?
  • Make questions specific to get a specific answer.
  • Give question a time frame (ex. in the last year, month, week, etc.)
  • Make up my own questions and compare with real survey questions
I learned more about how I should conduct my survey questions. WOOH. I got a lot of homework to do for this. (AHHH!!! haha) But I can handle it. I have a task to make up my own survey questions and compare them with other survey questions...like in the last bullet point. I GOT THIS! (hehe)


No comments:

Post a Comment