Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day. ORiENTATiON.

The day of the orientation...hmmm...what were they going to expect of me?
I knew that this program wasn't going to be easy, but I had some comfort in getting assistance in what I was going to do.


I remember as I walked into the room full of the interns and preceptors at CSULB, I thought I was crazy for wanting to join the program. The room was FULL of adults! (haha) Not in a bad way though. =D. That's because I'm the youngest one taking this internship. It felt awkward learning something new with adults, but I got comfortable with everyone after getting to know more about them.

Anyways, later on in the day after lunch, everyone separated into groups to go to mini workshops. That's when I learned more about this internship and what I would might be interested in researching. I found out that the top 4 health issues in our PI communities are diabetes, cancer, obesity and heart disease. My group and I tried coming up with ideas in which we think is causing those issues and how we may solve it. Out of the whole orientation, that was my highlight of the day. I was glad to be exposed to more things I didn't know of because it motivated me to want to do something about it. Things we don't know may hurt us...

No comments:

Post a Comment